Starfish

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Yard Work

Today I woke up early and went to Home Depot to get some pavers for the garden area out in the front of the house. It took me 2.5 hours to clear out all the weeds and to put down half the pavers. I was going strong and then I got stung by a hornet. It hurt like nothing I've experienced before. I'm surprised I didn't get stung a lot sooner. I was in and out of the bushes pulling weeds and it wasn't until I started pruning them that I got stung. Upon closer inspection there is a nest in that bush. So for the rest of the day I was apprehensive of anything flying. I hope Richie likes the pavers. It was his idea to do something like that and today I just really wanted to do something in the yard. I only have to pave about 5 more feet. I'll post the after photos tomorrow when I'm done.

I did get to hear from Richie today! Well, not hear hear. It was via his team blog that his co-leader wrote. She wrote a blurb from each of the team members and this was his...

"Shout out to Danielle-I miss you and hope you are awesome. Love to you and the family. -Rich"

The rest of the message said that they were doing street evangelism, teaching English, and using their musical talents. Most of the students love their leaders which speaks to Rich's natural ability to connect with people. Next week they will be doing Vacation Bible School. They did ask for prayer for the leaders. They were in need of a little TLC via prayer....I don't know what that means, but it's what the blog asked. So please join me in praying for Rich and his co-leaders Alana, and Glenalynn. Be praying for their health, safety, and spiritual growth. More info tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment