Starfish

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Today I got to skype with  Richie! It was a short chat, but nonetheless, it was so good to see his face. He is doing well at the camp with the kids. They were packing up to leave for Peru tomorrow. They have to get up at 3am to head to the airport. He didn't have too much to report. I really miss him. I'm doing a good job of keeping busy, and I'm so blessed to be hanging out with Alison more. But there are always those thoughts in the back of my head, of what is he doing now? Is he having fun? Is he missing me too? Long distance is hard. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I'll get to talk to Rich one more time tomorrow before he's gone. Into the Amazon. Sometimes I get jealous that he gets to go and I have to stay. Why didn't God call me? Why cant I go? Am I not fit to be an ambassador of Christ? But I know these are lies. I'm struggling with insecurity. It's not easy to let your fiance go into the Amazon with 2 female co-leaders. Don't get me wrong. I fully trust Rich. It's just that this is a trip of a lifetime. One that will change him forever. And I'm not there. He gets to grow in Christ and these 2 women, who I've never met, get to experience it with him. I guess this is where Satan begins to feed me lies. Lies that our relationship will be different when he gets back. Lies that we wont connect in the same way. Lies that he will connect with these women in ways he wont be able to with me. But the joke is on him. I hope Rich does come back different. I hope he comes back with a greater passion to follow Christ. I hope our relationship is different when he comes back. I hope he comes back a warrior who is ready to lead our new family. God has us right where he wants us. Even though it is hard to be apart, I know it wont be in vain. We will both come out of this changed for His glory. We were brought together to bring more glory to God. And I know that this time will be so worth it. 

"For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. And if what was fading away came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts! Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold."- 2 Corinthians 3:10-12

Bold is the word I got for Rich before he left. I am constantly praying for Rich to grow in his boldness for Christ. 

On to much lighter business....The photo on the left is from dinner. Alison and I ate a frozen pizza I bought, but I guess I didn't get it in the freezer in time because when we pulled it out all of the toppings were on one side. So we had to heat it up and try to make it more even. It actually turned out pretty well. AND it came with Toll House cookies! Alison and I also went to a co-workers engagement party. It was a lot of fun and I was so glad to have that fellowship. Also, before we went to the party, we stopped by Marsh Creek to drop off the deposit! Whoot! And I am so blessed that Norm Sapp was willing to sign our contract with us. If a member signs with you the club house fee is waived for the wedding! It was such a blessing that he was willing to do that for Richie and I. God is bringing this wedding together so flawlessly. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment